Christmas Recycling/Waste Collection: an update from North Somerset Council
News - 15 December 2020
Updated Collection Calendars
Updated collection calendars for recycling, household waste and garden waste are now available.
- You can use the use the postcode look-up tool to download the new calendars and check when your next collection day will be.
- Collection calendars run until March 2021
- If you require a large font or braille calendar, please contact [email protected]
Garden Waste & Christmas Tree Disposal
Garden waste will not be collected from Friday 18th December – Monday 18th January 2021
- Christmas tree collection for registered garden waste properties only will take place 18th – 29th January 2021
- Tree can be up to 2 metres high (minus pot and decorations)
- You can put your tree out for collection next to your garden waste.
There are also options to dispose of a real tree by donating to charity or local organisation – please try to choose an option close to home to cut down on travel.
- St Peter’s Hospice Collections for BS48, BS21 and BS20. Donation for collection to go to charity. For more information, visit the St. Peter's Hospice website.
- Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, Wraxall will be accepting Christmas Trees for animal enrichment and mulching. For further information, visit the Noah's Ark Zoo Farm website.
All three centres at Portishead, Weston-Super-Mare and Backwell will be closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, and winter opening hours apply.
- Please check the North Somerset Council website for opening times and social distancing advice before you travel.
- Please bear in mind that in order to keep community and staff safe, there are limitations to the number of people allowed on site at one time.
- There may be queues on the surrounding roads so please turn off engines while you wait and be aware you may be asked to return another day.
- To avoid unnecessary travel, always visit the site closest to your home.
How to help:
- Put bins and containers out by 7am on your collection day.
- Please help neighbours who may have difficulties.
- If collections are missed for the whole street, there is no need to report it as it will already be logged.
- Remove all packaging from inside cardboard boxes, flatten and fold to the length of your recycling box.
- Wrapping paper and Christmas cards that are glittery, metallic or plastic-coated cannot be recycled and need to go into the black bin.
- Extra general waste that does not fit in your black bin will not be collected and should be taken to a recycling centre or stored until your next collection.
- If you have large amounts of recycling, please put a little out each week to help crews finish collections and reach every household.